The County Fare’ is a new centre for the county of South Dublin that will act as a showcase for the best artisan food produce of the county and become a new central point for various tourist and heritage trails. In excess of 25 local food producers will benefit initially by having this showcase to both display their produce and make it available to the public. The entire initiative is self-sustaining by also providing an inviting space to enjoy barista-style coffee and a modern twist on healthy and appetising food.
The County Fare will:
- showcase artisan/ craft food producers in the area
- generate employment: 2 full-time and 1 part-time position initially
- provide a test market and showcase for clients of KitchenTime
- deliver a sustainable business model that provides timely pay-back of capital investment
- provide funds for re-investment, growth and expansion of related artisan food production projects
- increase the profile of SME artisan food production in the South Dublin/ Tallaght area.
- provide a village-centre location to act as a focus/start point for new heritage trails being developed and also a distribution point for heritage/tourism leaflets, maps, brochures and news.